Monday, September 7, 2009

Mamas, Don't Let Your Babies Grow Up To Be Firemen


Sorry it's been a while since I posted. What's worse is that this event happened on Wednesday. Ya. I know. Shame on me for procrastinating. Bite me.
So On Wednesday I was checked out of school and I went to a funeral of an old friend (Nathan Johnson, about 31), it's kinda weird when someone who you grew up with dies. He's about the age of my much older siblings. So from the funeral I went with my mom to her work. I love my mom's work. She works at a place filled with magic and wonder and fireworks and all that good stuff. Actually she works at the UVU Fire and Rescue Academy over by the Provo airport. But it's close enough.
I grabbed my boat load of homework got my homework done in the library with a visitor every now or then, or I would take a break and let my mom introduce me to her co-workers (Like Gary. I hope my future bosses are like him cause he's the bomb-track-yo! He actually came into the library and chatted with me for a while.). I actually got a lot done and even started studying my Japanese. That is until Amanda came.
Amanda Carter works in the logistics department. She's also freakin' awesome!
My mom went home and I pretty much just ran around with Amanda and chatted with my favorite instructor (Chris Milne of course!) and made new friends with some other instructors. (Like Kelley, Charley and those other AWESOME dudes. ) I got home about 11-ish, but like the Filming night (see archives for details) it was worth it. I drank more soda then I should have but who cares? I don't. The night class was doing rotations outside so me and Amanda would talk to one instructor (not professor) and then we would go talk to another one. That's pretty much it.
Needless to say i had an awesome time. Two of my older brothers are thinking of becoming firemen. And after that night, I say GO FOR IT! Even though I already thought that. Anyhoot,
Happy trails! And have a happy Labor Day!

1 comment: