Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Just to Put it Out There


I know the last post was pretty silly but here's something a little more... thoughtful.
I've had something on my mind for a couple months now so I'm going to let it get some air and post it here on my blog. Maybe then I will be able to sleep better. (By the way, the comments are working. Just so you know.)
If you don't want to read it I understand. It may get a little deep. Maybe some of you are not ready for something like this. Or maybe you may be thinking, "What would a 16 know?" Whatever your reason, it's okay not to read this. You've been warned.
I have had random bursts of happiness for no reason whatsoever, but it's usually just that. A burst, a moment, a spasm. But recently I have been happy for no reason. Just feel like smiling and making everyone else happy. I see things like I never had before, as if I have woken up with someone else's eyes. I've never seen the mountains like I do now. They are AMAZING!!!! I've lived here in Utah my whole life and I still find the mountains and the canyons breathtaking. I can't just glance up at the sky any more. I have to stop and stare. I see people differently too. I have no idea how to explain it. I don't think it's because I 'm getting older or more mature (goodness knows if that will ever happen). I've always had the gospel in my life so that can't be it. I've pretty much always known who I am (daughter of God, etc.)
I think I've found the secret to happiness. I just don't know what it is. The way I explained it to my older brother Bryn (he's serving a mission in England for our church) is that my mind knows something, it's just not telling me it. (This really is hard to explain which is probably why it's taken so long for me to put this out there.)
I want to share this happiness with everyone! If only I knew what it was. But then I realize something. I think self-discovery has a lot to do with it. I think I may save that for another post. (of course, what would a 16 years old know. I warned you.)

No comments:

Post a Comment